Can Attitudes Cause Cancer?
In 1960 and ’61, researchers at Boston University School of Medicine classified over 3,000 men as Type A or Type B personalities. 22 years later, 186 had died of cancer. Of these, 112 were Type A, 74 were Type B.
After accounting for age, educational levels and smoking habits, researchers concluded that the incidence of death in Type A’s from other than lung cancer is 1 1/2 times that of Type B’s. Seeing life as a long series of challenges may weaken the immune system. Internal Medicine News, June 15, 1987.
Emotions Affect Immune Response To Cancer
In the mid 1970s, John Hopkins University researcher, Dr. Caroline Thomas, researched a group of more than 1300 medical students from John’s Hopkins. The group that reported they were more emotionally distant from one or both parents was shown to demonstrate, more than three decades later, an unusually high incidence of mental illness, suicide, and death from cancer.
Melanoma patients who get emotional support along with their regular therapy generated 60% more immune cells in seven weeks than a group receiving only therapy. (UCLA study reported, Wall Street Journal, 5/24/87).
Dr. Miller’s Cancer Support Programs
• Browse all of Dr. Miller’s Cancer Support Guided Imagery and Meditation CDs, MP3 Downloads, DVDs and Books.
- Anti-Cancer Guided Imagery: Empowering Your Immune System [Podcast]
- Healing Cancer: A Conversation with Maggie Creighton [Free Podcast]
- Non-toxic Cancer Treatment: A Conversation with Erik Peper [Free Podcast]
- Listen to More Conversations with Extraordinary People
Cancer Education and Healing Articles
• Read some of the Mind Body Medicine Research [Articles]
What Others are Saying
Elizabeth L. Richeson, Ph.D., M.S. PhysPharm
Speaks about her own use of Dr. Miller’s Guided Imagery recordings
in her profession and in her personal battle with Cancer.
at the Cancer Center share their personal stories of triumph!
Visit our online store for more info and to purchase the Confronting Cancer DVDs