Brant Secunda and Mark Allen are the authors of Fit Soul, Fit Body, 9 keys to a Healthier, Happier You. A Shaman and an Ironman share their secrets to lasting health and happiness.
Brant Secunda is a shaman, healer, and ceremonial leader in the Huichol Indian tradition of Mexico. He completed a twelve-year apprenticeship with Don José Matsuwa, the renowned Huichol Shaman who lived to be 110 years old and who adopted Brant as his grandson. Alongside other dignitaries including President Jimmy Carter, Brant cofounded the Peace University in Berlin, and is a founding member of the American Herbalists Guild and has taught at the American Holistic Medical Association Annual Conference.
Brant lectures at conferences and universities worldwide, and since 1979 has been the director of the Dance of the Deer Foundation Center for Shamanic Studies in Soquel, California. He has worked with many organizations including The World Health Organization and the American Holistic Medical Association, was the cofounder of the Humanistic Medicine Congress in Germany, and was a nominee to be a recipient of the prestigious MacArthur Award for his service worldwide. His work has been documented on television, radio, and in articles and books throughout the USA, Europe,
Mark Allen is a six-time Ironman World Champion. He has been called “The World’s Fittest Man” by Outside magazine and “The Greatest Triathlete of All Time” by Triathlete magazine. He attributes his success to his ongoing studies with Brant Secunda, who showed him how to find fitness not only in physical strength but in the power of personal spirit and balanced living. Mark has been featured numerous times on major network television and in national publications; he has appeared on more than 100 popular covers worldwide.
Since leaving the sport after a successful 15-year career while still at the top of his game, Mark has worked as a sports commentator and advisor for NBC. He’s also consulted with and spoken to many Fortune 500 companies, including American Express, Honeywell, Northwestern Mutual, and Oracle.
Secunda and Allen share inspiring stories and personal wisdom that helps you:
· Experience greater fulfillment in all that you do.
· Connect with the environment and beauty of nature to rejuvenate your soul.
· Develop fresh, healthy coping skills to manage your personal and professional life.
· Stop feeling wound up, overworked, stressed out, and tired.
· Quiet your mind in minutes without spending hours learning meditation.
· Choose the right eating and exercise plan.
· Test your wellness and fitness without stepping on a scale.
· Release negative emotions and draw strength from positive ones to infuse your life with purpose and energy.
· Get into the best shape of your life—physically, emotionally, and spiritually.