Stress is not something that happens to you;
stress is the result of what you do with what happens to you!
When stress is not balanced with relaxation, it accumulates in the system and often leads to physical, mental, emotional and behavioral symptoms, and the spirit weakens. When stress is balanced with relaxation, it is the source of our wellness, joy, inspiration and greatest success.
The four steps to managing stress and harnessing its energy;
- Step 1. Realize that stress is a reaction, a behaviour.
- Step 2. Understand, deeply, that physical tension, anxiety and the “fight or flight” reaction are of little value in meeting the challenges confronting you.
- Step 3. Learn to bring your perceptions and responses under your voluntary control through relaxation, imagery and autosuggestion.
- Step 4. Let go of negative stress and focus on positive stress on your highest goals.
Dr. Miller’s easy-to-use programs show you how to guide your mind and body to a profound state of peace and calm.
- This will begin to dissolve cortisol and other stress chemicals.
- Next, you train yourself to pause and relax after, or even during, those situations that used to make you tense, anxious, angry or sick.
- Finally, you will learn how to harness the energy of stress for peak performance.
The programs below are listed in alphabetical order and have been hand selected by Dr. Miller to help you manage your stress!